Friday, July 11, 2008

Perfect World

A few posts ago, I mentioned a free MMORPG called Perfect World. I said I'd give you more information after I played the game for a while, and I played it, so here's my opinion of the Perfect World:

OMG! This game rocks! O_O Seriously, I love it. It's like playing Oblivion online with the wing mod. I was attracted to the game by a video of people playing in the air, but I expected to have to level up a lot to fly. That's not the case.

Over time, as you level up, you gain more flying energy, which allows you to fly faster and for more time. I've noticed the speed of flight is considerably slower than running, but it all depends on your agility level.

Also, some buffs can speed you up or give you extremely fast health regeneration. This is when character classes come into play. Priests are the only class with spells to buff other players, and they can cast some pretty helpful buffs to enhance your combat ability. Therefore, if you party with one, he/she could stand away from the battle and just rapidly heal you or make you stronger, and the experience would be divided between you.

Of course, I'm not a priest; I'm an archer. I can spoot magically enhanced arrows from long distances to damage enemies before they can damage me. This is very helpful at later levels, because the enemies can hurt you when you're flying, however, if you're new, you're never hurt very badly, unless you attack something at a higher level than you.

This game is more than combat, though, and you will notice right off the bat that you'll have opportunities to race against a clock to fly somewhere or even mine iron ore... though I haven't found any iron yet. (I'm looking!) To mine ore, you need a shovel, and I believe you can use the same shovel to dig up plants, but I'm not sure.

Overall, I love this game, and I can only hope the developers add microphone support. If you're looking for a fast-paced MMORPG to play whenever you like (for free), Perfect World is for you.

No comments: