Monday, April 28, 2008

Free MMORPG: Cronous

Cronous is a face-paced, massively multiplayer, online role-playing game similar to MU Online but closer to KAL Online. You pick one of, I think, four character types. You have a fighter, a magician, a barbarian, sorry, savage, and something else I can't recall right this moment. I'm a magician.

The gameplay is similar to MU Online, but the graphical style is a mix of KAL Online and Knight Online. (That's two too many onlines for me, but hey, those are their titles.) You have a very beautiful world in Cronous, and the best part of it is how low-end your computer can be. This isn't the next Runescape, but Cronous still impresses me with how easy it was to start playing it. It didn't crash my computer at all, either!

Now, my word of advice: If you're looking for a game that promotes teamwork, Cronous comes close, but everything is combat-based. You will be fighting endless streams of enemies. You do get to smelt armor and customize its color (sort of), but most of the game is just constantly fighting monsters and upgrading your stats.

No comments: