Tuesday, April 22, 2008

MMORPGs Everyone Can Play

This is a (very) short list of games I have played recently which are online, multiplayer, and have massive worlds. Also, they all work on my computer, which has a very old video card, not suited for hardcore gaming. These games should all work for you as well.

Runescape - www.runescape.com
Okay, I have to mention this first, because it's pretty much the only Java-powered MMO game I ever played, and it plays well on any system that supports the latest version of Java. Also, it requires absolutely no downloads, meaning you play it entirely on a single webpage.

MU Online
While I never played MU Online before, I started playing it via the Forsaken server today, and I must say, "Wow, this is like Darkstone, but it's online, and it has better graphics!" If you can wait for the updates to complete, this game is worth checking out.

2 comments:

rogerdv said...

You should take a look at Eternal Lands and Planeshift. They are free, and EL is pretty mature.

Joshua Maines AKA FJGamer said...

EL is pretty good, but Planeshift requires a somewhat decent graphics card, and I'm trying to choose the best games for even the worst computers.

I never did get into Planeshift, so I might download it and give it a try... since I upgraded to a decent AGP card. I mostly play The Orange Box, though.